Early registration for new students who live in our school district will begin on June 4-6th from 8am-12pm. Please verify that your address is in our district by going to jpschools.org/findaschool and typing in your address.
You will need the following information in order to successfully register your student:
- Two proofs of residence (lease, utility bill, etc.)
- Your student(s)’s immunization records
- Your student(s)’s birth certificate(s). A birth certificate is used only for verifying the student’s legal name, date of birth, and the parent’s name. A foreign birth certificate is an acceptable document for verifying the student’s information.
- Your student(s)’s final report card from the previous school year (except kindergarten)
- Your student(s)’s transcript from the school previously attended (only for high school transfers)
- Your student(s)’s custody papers (if applicable)
Documents that qualify as proof of residence:
Documents presented as proof of residence must bear the name and current legal address of the student’s parent/legal guardian. Acceptable documents (minimum of two (2)) include the following:
- lease agreement;
- current utility bill or deposit;
- copy of an agreement to purchase or an act of sale for completed dwelling;
- copy of an agreement to purchase or an act of sale for a residential lot entered into by the parent/legal guardian of the student, and a notarized statement from a contractor indicating the anticipated date of completion of a dwelling on the lot, said completion date not to exceed ninety (90) calendar days;
- legal document issued by or approved by the Civil District Court for the Parish of Jefferson giving control and custody to the adult(s) if other than the student’s legal parent(s) with whom the student resides, if the student is (16) years of age or under;
- legal documents verifying student’s emancipation and/or legal proof of residence as required;
- legal document issued by or approved by the U. S. Office of Immigration and Naturalization;
If none of these documents can be provided, the school principal will give the parent/legal guardian or student(s) fifteen (15) school days to produce acceptable documents to prove residence.