What will my child learn this school year? (click open to see) 06 Science Standards – Grade 6
What is the 5E model of learning?
What is expected of my child for LEAP testing in April?
LEAP Item Type QUESTIONS
• Selected Response (SR): includes traditional multiple-choice (MC) questions with four answer options and only one correct answer, as well as multiple-select (MS) questions with five to seven answer options and more than one correct answer. For MS items, the question identifies the number of correct answers. All SR items are worth one point each.
• Technology Enhanced (TE): uses technology to capture student comprehension in authentic ways, previously difficult to score by machine for large-scale assessments. TE items are worth up to two points and may include item types such as, but not limited to, drag and drop, drop down menus, and hot spots. The Online Tools Training allows students to experience TE items and practice answering them to prepare for the computer-based test.
• Two-part Item: requires students to answer two related questions, worth two points. Two-part items may combine SR and/or TE item types.
o Two-part Dependent (TPD): the first part must be correct in order to earn credit for the second part.
o Two-part Independent (TPI): each part is scored independently.
• Constructed Response (CR): requires a brief response provided by the student and will be scored using a 2-point rubric. These items may require a brief paragraph, a few sentences, and/or completion of a chart.
• Extended Response (ER): asks students to write an in-depth response that expresses the students’ ability to apply all three dimensions of the LSS for Science and will be scored using a 9-point rubric.
What can I do as a parent to help my child succeed?
- Log into Student Progress Center and check my child’s grades https://jpsis.jpschools.org/progress/
- Check the wiki for due dates on assignments & assessments
- Check your child’s folder. There should not be loose papers in the pockets, Papers should be taped on the proper pages and completed.
- Sign up to receive text message reminders about assignments & assessments
- Ask your child what they learned about in science today, if they do not know look in their folder and check the wiki
- Email me with questions/concerns email@example.com or respond to the remind text messages.
What supplies does my child need to be prepared for learning each class?
Students need sharpened pencils, pens, erasers, pencil sharpener, scotch tape, crayons, scissors and looseleaf paper to be ready to learn in class. Students need to bring their green 3 prong plastic folder with pockets each class. (replace when damaged)
How can I help create a good learning environment for my child?
Classroom supplies needed:
pack of copy paper (we are out)
scotch tape (we are out)
kleenex (we are out)
classroom pencils (we are out)
Thursday/Friday, January 11th & 12th
Molecule Quiz 1/18 & 1/19 questions and answers are in teacher’s model interactive folder posted since 1/8
Homework: If you have not finished page 64 Molecule Notes finish it for homework, powerpoint is posted and teacher’s model folder.
Classwork: Reviewed 21-40 CFA2/exam. Reviewed major concepts again.
Molecule Project due worth a quiz grade. CFA2/EXAM TEST taken today.
Tuesday/Wednesday, January 9th & 10th
Do Now & Exit Slip
Homework: Molecule Project due next class for a quiz grade.
Classwork: Folder page 64 Molecule Notes should be finished. Reviewed 1-20 multiple choice of EXAM/CFA2. Next class Review CFA2/EXAM major TEST grade.
Friday/Monday, January 5th & 8th
Homework due 1/11 & 1/12: Molecule Research Project worth a quiz grade
Classwork: Folder page 64 Molecule Notes 3 Explanation – Molecules Notes
Reviewed Exam Constructed Response.
Thursday/Friday 1/11 & 1/12 TEST Re-testing will be on most missed questions from the exam/CFA2 being reviewed in class. CFA2/EXAM Study Guide Answers