Welcome to Ms. Gros’ American History Class!
Homework is written on the board every day in class for the students to copy into their agendas. Students are responsible for all of the handouts they are given in class as well as the notes that are taken in class.
4th Nine Weeks
- Exam Guides are due Thursday May 17 for a grade
- Exam dates are as followed:
- May 21: Periods 1 & 2
- May 22: Periods 5 & 6
- May 23: Periods 3 & 4
- May 24: Periods 7 & 8
- Students must bring a No.2 pencil and loose-leaf on exam days.
- Extra Credit assignment is due May 17.
3rd Nine Weeks
Wednesday, March 14 – Interactive Notebook quiz pages 1-31
- Test is open notes. Make sure your folder is current and has all information on pages 1-31.
- Students were given guidelines for the 3rd Nine Weeks project. The project counts as a major assessment grade. Students are responsible for turning in the guidelines/rubric with the project on the due date, March 6th.
- Students will only receive one copy of the guidelines.
- Please read the guidelines carefully. Print them here if you need an additional copy Adams and Jefferson Project
There will be a test on the Washington and Adams Presidencies on Thursday, February 1. Students were given a study guide in class and it can be found here Washington and Adams Study Guide. Completion of the study guide is worth a grade. The pages on the study guide are the Interactive Notebook pages for students to study in addition to the study guide.
- Students should have new folders filled with loose-leaf paper. Interactive Notebooks were put together in class on Monday, January 8th. These must be brought to class everyday!
*****UPON RETURNING FROM WINTER BREAK, STUDENTS MUST HAVE A PURPLE FOLDER FILLED WITH LOOSE-LEAF. STUDENTS WILL CREATE A NEW INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK FOR THE SPRING SEMESTER. STUDENTS SHOULD KEEP THEIR NOTEBOOK FROM THE FALL. IT IS NEEDED FOR TESTING IN THE SPRING.*****
2nd Nine Weeks
- The midterm exam study guide was given in class. Students are required to complete the study guide for a grade. The study guide and its due date can be found here CFA Exam Review Guide 2017
- Students must bring the study guide to class every day.
Students are to begin looking over all notes to prepare for the midterm. A study guide will be given after students return from Thanksgiving Break.
Due Monday 11/27 (after Thanksgiving Break) – Electoral College Map
- Test Wednesday 11/8 on “A New Nation”
- Students are to begin reviewing and studying the following pages of their IN: 57-59, 61, 63, 65-67, 69, 71
- The study guide can be found here Building a Nation Study Guide
Due Thursday 10/26: Homework – Land Ordinance Worksheet (page 60 of IN)
- Test Friday 10/20 on American Revolution
- Study Guide is here The American Revolution Study Guide
- Students are to study the pages of their Interactive Notebook that are on the Study Guide
1st Nine Weeks
Wednesday, September 20
- Test on British Acts
- Study pages 18, 19, 21, and 25 of Interactive Notebook
American Revolution Project
- Project information was issued in class and can be found here Revolutionary War Project
- Projects are due October 6