Welcome to Ms. Gros’ American History Class!
Homework is written on the board every day in class for the students to copy into their agendas. Students are responsible for all of the handouts they are given in class as well as the notes that are taken in class.
3rd Nine Weeks
Students must have new purple folders, a pack of loose-leaf, scotch tape and/or glue sticks by Thursday, January 10th (A) and Friday, January 11th (B). Notebooks will be put together in class on these dates and will be used for the remainder of the school year.
2nd Nine Weeks
Students will sign for their exam study guide on 12/6 and 12/7. Students will only receive one copy of the study guide. If they loose it, they will need to print it here.
- Exam Dates:
- Dec 18 – 1st and 2nd
- Dec. 19 – 5th and 6th
- Dec. 20 – 3rd and 4th (early release day)
- Dec. 21 – 7th and 8th (early release day)
Founding Father Social Media Profile Project due Monday Dec. 10 (A) and Tuesday Dec. 11 (B). This is worth a major assessment grade. Students must turn in the rubric with the project. Founding Father Social Media Project
Interactive Notebook Quiz Dec. 12 (6) and Dec. 13 (7). Students need to make sure pages 43-81 are complete.
Test on Thursday 11/15 (A) and Friday 11/16 (B). Study pages 57-68 of Interactive Notebook.
Unit 1 Test will be October 25 (B) and October 26 (A). Study pages 13-42 of notebook.
1st Nine Weeks
- October 9 (B) and October 10 (A) – George Washington project is due
- October 9 (B) and October 10 (A) – Open notebook quiz
- October 11 (B) and October 12 (A) – “Crisis in the Colonies” Major Assessment. Study IN pages 27-42.
Project – Create a “Help Wanted Ad” or “Help Wanted” Meme for people to join Washington’s Army. Guidelines are here 2018 George Washington Wants You
All students were given guidelines in class. This must be turned in with the project. Project is due Tuesday October 9th (B) and Wednesday October 10th (A).
Patrick Henry Primary Source due for a grade on 10/3 Wednesday (A) and 10/4 Thursday (B). Students were given the handout in class.
Interactive Notebook Check on Tuesday 9/25 (A) and Wednesday 9/26 (B)
- Students must have the Table of Contents filled out.
- Students must have all notes and handouts on the appropriate pages.
Quiz on British Acts Thursday, 9/13 (A) and Friday 9/14 (B). Study pages 20-21 of Interactive Notebook.
Major Assessment test week of 9/17. Study pages 13-25 of Interactive Notebook.
- Topics for test include French and Indian War, British Colonial Policy, British Acts, Colonial Protests, Boston Massacre, Sides of the Revolution, Boston Tea Party
- Completion of study guide is worth a grade. All students will receive the study guide in class.
There will be a major assessment test on Wednesday, August 29 (A) and Thursday, August 30 (B). The test will be on the Columbian Exchange and the 13 Colonies. Students received a study guide in class and need to study pages 2-12 of their Interactive Notebook.
There will be a map quiz on Thursday, August 23 (A) and Friday, August 24 (B). Students will have to label the continents, oceans, and 13 colonies. Students must study the handouts and maps that were completed in class. Students can refer to pages 1 and 6 in their Interactive Notebook to study.
Homework List for 1st Nine Weeks
- Name the 13 colonies (page 4 of Interactive Notebook) – Due 8/15 (A) and 8/16 (B)
- French and Indian War Handout – Due 9/7 (A) and 9/10 (B)
All students are receiving a syllabus, procedures, and a parent/student agreement on the first two days of school. The student/parent agreement needs to be turned in to me on Monday August 13th (A day) and Tuesday August 14th (B day).
Supplies are due in class on Monday August 13th (A day) and Tuesday August 14th (B day). All students need a purple pocket folder with prongs, loose-leaf paper, glue sticks, crayons or colored pencils, and tape. The glue, crayons/colored pencils, and tape will remain in the classroom because of constant use.