Art Class Family Commitments:
- I am going to see the best in others.
- It is Ms. Reed’s job to keep me safe so I can learn. It is my job to keep it that way.
- I am going to use a quiet voice and respectful words.
- I am going to use my listening ears.
- I am going to use my hands in a safe and respectful manner.
Students who bring in proof of admission to NOMA (New Orleans Museum of Art in City Park) can earn 10 bonus points! Any time between now and the end of this semester.
Admission to the museum is FREE every Wednesday for Louisiana Residents.
Visit http://NOMA.org for more details
8/14 – 8/15 Number a piece of loose leaf paper from 1-4. Write down 4 things that you need to survive.
8/16 – 8/17 What are some things that make you feel safe? What are some things that make you feel loved? Make a list of things from each category and label them.
8/18 – 8/21 Draw yourself in 20 years. How old will you be? What job will you have? What else will be going on in your life?
8/22 – 8/23
8/24 – 8/25
Dear Parents and Guardians,
My name is Jennifer Reed, and I have the privilege of being your child’s Visual Arts teacher at Riverdale Middle School! This semester your student will get the opportunity to explore their creativity and the visual arts by studying art history, art processes, and commonly used art materials. Below you will find a supply list for our class.
Your child will receive a Process Journal to use in class. The Process Journal is document of your child’s process and progress in our visual arts classroom, and is part of the IB curriculum. These journals will be used and kept at school. Students may check their process journal out to catch up on work or study for a test, but if it is lost or destroyed I am not able to provide another one, so it will be you and your child’s responsibility to replace it and all of its contents (such as notes, research, sketches, or plans.)
In order for your child to succeed in this class they need to come to with all of their supplies every day. Students that do not come to class prepared will not be able to complete the day’s tasks and will begin to fall behind. If your child is absent it is their responsibility to make up the work, however I update our class website daily with notes and tasks so that staying on track is as easy as possible. Students and parents are responsible for any damages to tools or equipment caused by the student. If you have any questions about the class or what the fee will be used for please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your time, I can’t wait to help your child explore their creativity! Welcome to our class family!
- Photo [we keep a “Friends and Family” board in our classroom, and students are encouraged (not required) to bring a photo of them and their friends and family to put on it to include you in our class family.]
- Wood pencils (not mechanical)
- 1- 3 prong pocket folder
- Loose leaf paper for pocket folder
- 1- roll paper towels
- 1- 12 pack colored pencils minimum (students may have a larger pack with more colors if they choose)